aNDrew Waugh BSc (Hons), PG Dip Law – PG Cert Law Commercial Director
Andy is an entrepreneur skilled at leading complex deals involving multidisciplinary teams. He has over 20 years experience in growing companies with a specific focus on the real estate sector.
Dual qualified as a solicitor with a degree in Construction Management, Andrew has worked within international law firms, been Group Counsel & Company Secretary of a FTSE PLC and Commercial Director of a leading national developer, before fund raising and establishing a number of his own private equity-backed companies to unlock property opportunities through arbitrage and turnaround. He successfully acquired and managed c£30m of schemes through to exit value of over £50m. He was cited In Business Insider’s “42 Under 42” as one of the North West property market’s leading dealmakers during the recession.
Since then he has been a member of several boards with a focus on strategic growth, acquisitions and sales. Notable recent examples include:
- Sale of a private property company to an institutional fund for c£16m
- Sale of a building materials company to an AIM listed group for c£20m
- Strategic board advisor to a Singaporean based multinational engineering group on UK activities
- Commercial director of an architects practice, from start up to c£3m t/o in year one
- Strategic advisor and real estate sector lead as non-executive director of large UK commercial law firm
Andrew’s commercial acumen, combined with in depth understanding and experience of the the deal process, means he can lead on strategy and is highly effective in project managing complex transactions and unlocking difficulties to get deals over the line from both buy and sell side.